The tickets for the guided tour of the Roman maritime villa can be purchased online:
• on the website https://marpositano.it/en/ticket/, payment made by credit card (Visa and Mastercard);
• at the Ticket Office of the MAR, payment made by debit card and credit card (Visa and Mastercard).
We don’t accept payments in cash or with different payment method from those mentioned.
The time of the tour is indicated on the ticket. It is advisable to show up at the ticket office 15 minutes in advance, exhibiting the paper ticket receipt.
The delay entails a missed visit and does not give the right to a refund; it is possible to cancel the reservation at least two days in advance, on the website: https://marpositano.it/en/ticket/ using your order code.
TIMETABLE AND DURATION
The visits take place every day, from 09.00AM to 21.00PM; From November 1st the Villa is open from 10.00am to 4.00pm; the guided tour lasts about 30 minutes, for security reasons, the groups are composed in a maximum number of 10 people.
To keep frescoes better, a low temperature is maintained so it is advisable to wear a jacket or dress in layers.
We recommend wearing appropriate clothing and comfortable shoes.
ACCESS FOR DISABLE PEOPLE
The path accessible for disabled people, during the opening hours and days, goes through the church of Santa Maria Assunta. It is therefore advisable, before booking, to request information from the ticket office regarding the times in which it is possible to visit.
The following categories are exempt from ticket payment:
• minors up to 12 years, accompanied;
• tourist interpreters of the European Union, when their work is needed alongside the guide, by showing a valid license issued by the competent authority;
• members of the I.C.O.M (international council of museum);
• tourist guides of the European Union, by showing a valid license issued by the competent authority;
• groups of students of public and private schools of the European Union, accompanied by their teachers, upon reservation of the established quota by the head of the institution, within the maximum limit of one daily shift, according to the indications provided by the security plan or prior agreement with the museum structure;
• European Union citizens with disabilities and their family member or other companion who demonstrates their membership in social-health care services;
• teachers of art history, by showing a suitable document;
• journalists in good standing with the payment of membership fees, by showing a suitable document proving their professional activity
however it is advisable to contact the ticket office to arrange the visit.